Crystle-Allen Law, LLC logo
Se Habla Español
"The sooner you call the more we can help"
 143 N. Duke St. Lancaster, PA 17602 


Helpful FAQs

Get the Answers You Need

Why Do I Need An Attorney?

Just as the insurance company has agents, adjusters, and appraisers representing its interests, you too should have a professional team who is on your side. In addition, our staff of attorneys, case managers, and legal secretaries will take the burden off of your shoulders so that you can focus on recovering from your injuries. Ultimately, we will fight to see that you receive fair compensation for your injuries.

Is There a Fee to Consult With an Attorney About My Case?

No. At Crystle-Allen Law, LLC, we provide a free consultation. This can be done either by telephone or in person depending on the circumstances. We will review your case without any charge to you and advise you if we feel that we can represent you and pursue a case on your behalf. If we decide that there is a case and you wish to pursue it, we will then move forward on a contingency fee basis.

Can You Tell Me What My Case Is Worth?

Your case is ultimately worth what we can negotiate with the insurance company or the amount of the cash award granted by a judge and / or a jury. We will review your case in detail to arrive at a figure that we believe the insurance company will pay for your injuries. This is usually dependent upon the type of injury that you have, the type of treatment that you receive, whether or not you make a full recovery, and what your past and future expenses are. All of these factors are important in valuing a case. Generally, we cannot tell you how much your case is worth until you have finished all of your treatment and you know what your future will hold for you. Remember, at Crystle-Allen Law, LLC, we want to resolve your case for the most money because we do not get paid unless you get paid.
^ Other FAQs (back to top of page)

Personal Injury Questions

How Do I Choose the Right Personal Injury Lawyer?

If you have been injured through no fault of your own, you need to have the right lawyer on your side to make sure you get the compensation to which you are entitled. An experienced personal injury lawyer will know the right questions to ask, help you build a case, and successfully recover the compensation you deserve. Not only will they seek medical expenses and lost wages, but they will also explain how you are entitled to compensation for pain and suffering. Most of all, the right personal injury lawyer will have results, having helped other clients recover what is due to them.
Crystle-Allen Law, LLC are the personal injury lawyers in Lancaster that get results. Since 2002, we have recovered millions for personal injury victims in Lancaster County. We will treat you and your case with the compassion and care you deserve, and we will keep fighting until you receive the compensation due to you. If you are physically unable to meet with us, we will visit you in your home or hospital room. Give us a call today at 717-393-0600, and remember, the sooner you call, the more we can help. 
^ Other FAQs (back to top of page)

What Legal Fees Are There to Represent Me for My Personal Injury Case?

In personal injury matters, we represent people on a contingency fee arrangement. A contingency fee means “no recovery – no fee.” In other words, if we do not make a recovery for you there will be no fee charged. The amount of the contingency fee may vary depending on what matter we are representing you for. We will always discuss the fee with you before representation begins. Also, you will sign a fee agreement which will outline our arrangement. Remember, we do not get paid unless we make a recovery for you.
^ Other FAQs (back to top of page)

Should I Speak With Anyone From the Insurance Company or Sign Any Documents They Give to Me?

No. You should only give statements to an insurance adjuster or sign releases for an insurance company after you have spoken with a qualified personal injury trial lawyer. Unfortunately, if you say the wrong thing or give the wrong information to an insurance company it can, and likely will, be used against you in the future.

Can I Sue My Employer for Pain and Suffering When I Suffer a Work-Related Injury?

No. When an employee is injured on the job, the injured worker is limited to workers' compensation benefits. Workers' compensation benefits provide for the payment of medical bills for the treatment of the work injury and a weekly disability benefit for those time periods that an injured worker is unable to work. Under some circumstances, you may be able to sue another party. If you are already receiving workers' compensation benefits and the insurance company is trying to stop or modify your benefits or if you have been denied benefits to which you feel you are entitled, contact our attorneys, who are experienced in handling workers' compensation cases.
^ Other FAQs (back to top of page)

What Is the Difference Between Full-Tort and Limited-Tort Car Insurance?

Those who select full tort coverage on their automobile insurance policy retain the right to bring a claim for pain and suffering if they are injured in a motor vehicle crash. Those who select limited tort generally give up the right to bring such a claim. What many consumers don’t realize is how their personal tort selection affects not only their rights but the rights of their family. The tort option you select follows you and every member of your household, both as a driver or as a passenger in your own car or another. Your tort option is with you even when you are walking down the street, but, more importantly, it is with your children everywhere they go. Before you renew your automobile insurance, please examine it carefully. If you have limited tort, we strongly urge you to contact your insurance agent and request a change to full tort, for your sake and that of your family.

Who Is Responsible for Paying for Medical Treatment and Lost Wages Associated With My Injuries From a Car Accident?

Medical expenses and wage loss benefits due to an auto accident injury are considered by your insurance as “no fault,” and each insured looks to his / her own automobile policy for benefits, regardless of the cause of the accident or whether the insured was personally responsible for his injuries. You should also check with your regular health insurance regarding benefits for payment of medical treatment. Additionally, for lost wages, you should check to see if you are eligible for short- or long-term disability payments.

What If the Driver of the Other Vehicle Did Not Have Adequate Insurance to Cover My Losses?

In cases such as this, the best automobile accident attorneys know how to identify other sources of insurance coverage, including underinsured and uninsured policies, employer’s policies, umbrella policies, and, in some cases, even homeowner’s insurance.
^ Other FAQs (back to top of page)

Who Will Pay for the Damage to My Car?

Again, you should first check your automobile insurance policy. If you have purchased collision coverage on your policy, you may submit your property damage claim to your own insurer, regardless of how the accident happened or who was at fault. Your insurer will pay for your property damage, less any deductible. In the alternative, you may submit your property damage claim to the insurer for the other driver involved in your accident. This insurer will pay your claim, in full, only upon a determination that its insured was responsible for the accident.
^ Other FAQs (back to top of page)

How Much Time Do I Have to File a Lawsuit for Damages From a Car Accident?

Pennsylvania has a statute of limitations applicable to all personal injury claims. Generally, you have two years from the date of your accident within which to settle your claim or file a lawsuit.
^ Other FAQs (back to top of page)

Workers' Compensation Questions

How Do I Choose the Right Workers' Compensation Lawyer?

When you are struggling with a workers' compensation issue, it is essential to have the right law firm on your side. You want a team that is focused on you: your case, your needs, and your rights. You want experience on your side with lawyers who have successfully recovered all the funds their clients are due. Ultimately, you want someone who is capable of fighting on your behalf and making sure you get the medical benefits and lost wages you deserve.
Our lawyers at Crystle-Allen Law, LLC are experienced in handling workers' compensation cases in Lancaster County. From episodic injuries to chronic injury due to hazardous working conditions, we make sure you recover all the funds you deserve. We will take care of the entire workers' compensation process, even negotiating with the insurance company, so you can focus on recovering back to full health. And if we don’t get a recovery, there's no fee! Call us today at 717-393-0600; the sooner you call, the more we can help.
^ Other FAQs (back to top of page)

What Should I Do If I Am Hurt at Work?

You should immediately report your injury to your supervisor in charge and / or human relations or resource department. You should then seek medical treatment and follow your treating physician’s recommendations for care and work-related restrictions. You must provide a copy of your work restrictions to your employer.

What Rights Do I Have Under the Pennsylvania Workers' Compensation Act?

Under the Pennsylvania Workers' Compensation Act, workers injured on the job or having an occupational disease are entitled to weekly compensation benefits if disabled and reasonable, necessary, and causally related medical expenses and / or death benefits and burial expenses in the event of death.
^ Other FAQs (back to top of page)

What If My Work Accident and Injury Are My Fault?

Under the Workers’ Compensation Act, you may still have a right to recover if the accident is your fault. To understand your rights more fully, contact Crystle-Allen Law, LLC.
^ Other FAQs (back to top of page)

How Do I Know If I Should Settle My Workers' Compensation Case?

Settlement is the means to secure your benefits in a lump sum. The means by which a settlement occurs is called a compromise and release agreement. The means to accomplish a compromise and release agreement was established in 1996 when Governor Ridge passed an amendment to the then existing Workers' Compensation Act, known as Act 57. Act 57 allowed injured workers and employers along with their insurance carrier to settle cases pursuant to a compromise and release agreement. Injured workers are able to settle future and past wage loss claims as well as past and future medical claims. The settlement amount depends on the facts of your individual case, including your average weekly wage and workers' compensation benefit amount, as well as your level of disability. An experienced attorney will be able to provide guidance on a settlement, and it is wise to talk to an attorney in advance of entering into any settlement.
^ Other FAQs (back to top of page)

Criminal Defense Questions

How Do I Choose the Right Criminal Defense Attorney?

When faced with criminal charges, you want to have the right criminal defense attorney on your side. Experience is a requirement; you want someone who has a history of fighting for and successfully defending clients. Determination is also important; you are looking for someone who will negotiate, defend, and fight for you for the duration of the case. Finally, you want someone who cares for you and is committed to finding the best possible outcome for you.
At Crystle-Allen Law, LLC, we have over 50 years of defending the accused facing a variety of criminal charges. From DUI to homicide charges, we have worked with hundreds of clients in pleading their case before the courts. Our results show our determination; time after time our clients have been cleared or past verdicts have been overturned. If you have been charged with a crime, contact us today at 717-393-0600 to get the experienced team on your side. 
^ Other FAQs (back to top of page)

Social Security Questions

How Do I Choose the Right Social Security Lawyer?

It can be frustrating to navigate the complexities of Social Security Disability benefits (SSI / SSDI) on your own. That’s why you want a lawyer who is familiar with the intricacies of the system, who stays current with changes in the laws, and who can take care of filing all the forms and paperwork. Plus, you want someone who will represent you before the Social Security Administration hearing and any subsequent appeals.
At Crystle-Allen Law, LLC, we focus on assisting individuals with their Social Security claims. We streamline the process, making sure all the paperwork, forms, and medical documents are handled the right way. And we will be with you every step of the journey, even representing you before the judge at an administration hearing. If you think you deserve to collect Social Security benefits, call us today at 717-393-0600. The sooner you call, the more we can help. 
^ Other FAQs (back to top of page)

Civil Rights Questions

How Do I Choose the Right Civil Rights Attorney?

Choosing the right civil rights attorney is important for you to get the justice you deserve. There are several things you should look for in your civil rights lawyer. First, find a law firm committed to justice and defending your basic rights and freedoms. You want someone in your corner who is willing to fight for you and your rights. Experience in civil rights cases is important; you need to find someone who knows the complexities of civil rights laws, how they apply to your specific case, and how to recover all that is due to you.
At Crystle-Allen Law, LLC, our lawyers are experienced in fighting for the “little guy” in civil rights cases. Over the years, we’ve represented victims of police misconduct, excessive force, false arrest, unlawful imprisonment, and prison deaths. We will fight for you and your freedoms, and we will not stop until you recover all that is owed to you. If you have been a victim of a civil rights violation, contact us today at 717-393-0600 to get the experienced team on your side. 
^ Other FAQs (back to top of page)
FREE Initial Consultations
Call 717-393-0600
Share by: